MIDDLETON, Wis., June 25, 2020 – Although the Summer Olympics have been postponed to 2021, American Girl, the beloved brand known for helping girls grow up with confidence and character and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel (NASDAQ: MAT), is proud to announce an exclusive product collection, launching today, that pays tribute to inspirational athletes and popular summer sports in celebration with Team USA.
The new collection is part of American Girl’s larger summer product unveil to encourage girls to dream, lead, grow, make a difference, and shine. The new lineup includes:
- Team USA Collection: Designed to inspire girls to dream big and cheer on our country’s amazing athletes, the exclusive doll sets feature 18-inch doll-sized Team USA gear for the following six summer sports: gymnastics, soccer, swimming, track & field, softball, and beach volleyball. A Team USA Medal Ceremony Set and a girl-sized Team USA “Go for the Gold” Tee will help fans gear up for next year’s celebrations. Fun new video content, inspired by the new collection, is also available at americangirl.com/play and on the brand’s popular YouTube Kids Channel. The Team USA doll sets are available to purchase individually or as play packs as part of the customized American Girl Gift Trunk experience.
- Truly Me™ Student Council Election Set: Timed to celebrate the 100th anniversary of women’s right to vote this August, the new set—including a ballot box and sheets, a “VOTE” banner and buttons, and a recording megaphone—empowers girls to say, “Yes, we can!” Other summer items new to Truly Me include an array of high-quality playsets with themes ranging from travel to arts appreciation.
- Empowering with A Smart Girl’s Guide™: With nearly 6 million books sold, American Girl’s popular “A Smart Girl’s Guide” advice series has been a trusted go-to resource for girls (and their parents) since its debut in 2001. Available today are the following two new titles:
- A Smart Girl’s Guide: Crushes helps all kids embrace and understand the emotional feelings they are having for others during puberty. Written by award-winning author Nancy Holyoke, the new guide is an update from the original title, A Smart Girl’s Guide to Boys, published in 2001. The new book has evolved to be more inclusive in its use of language and addressing questions about same-sex crushes to better reflect how kids ages 10 and up think and talk about romantic relationships today. As before, the book’s goal is to provide kids with thoughtful, age-appropriate information, while sharing real-life guidance on how to approach romance confidently and staying true to one’s self.
- A Smart Girl’s Guide: Making a Difference gives girls the tools to be positive changemakers in their community and beyond. From protecting the planet and helping animals to raising funds for causes they care about, Making a Difference offers young readers plenty of ideas—big and small—to make the world a better place.
- AG Fashion Show™ Cute at Heart Collection: Insta-stars Leah and Ava Clements are helping girls channel their inner fashionista with the debut the new AG Fashion Show x Clements Twins Cute at Heart Collection. The new mix and match collection features several on-trend doll and girl outfits, including a gold moto jacket, a heart print dress, a summery skirt, and sparkly kimono, plus many more styles and accessories.
- 2020 Girl of the Year™ Joss Kendrick’s Beach Break: Joss Kendrick™, American Girl’s 2020 Girl of the Year, is a fierce athlete born with hearing loss and a passion for surfing and competitive cheer. Given her love of the ocean, Joss’s product collection expands this summer with the release of her new Beach Jumper and Beach Grill Set, featuring a portable grill with color-change technology that “cooks” the pretend food with grill marks after being exposed to the special lighting inside. These items join the Girl of the Year’s other Southern California-inspired accessories, including Joss’s Volkswagen Surf Bus.
About American Girl
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in the design and production of quality toys and consumer products. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, content, and experiences that nourish a girl’s spirit and help develop her strength of character. Best-selling lines include Truly Me™, Girl of the Year™, Bitty Baby™, WellieWishers™, and American Girl’s classic historical characters. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, in its proprietary U.S. experiential retail stores, as well as at specialty retailers nationwide. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of parents and educators.
About the USOPC
Founded in 1894 and headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee serves as both the National Olympic Committee and National Paralympic Committee for the United States. The USOPC is focused on protecting, supporting and empowering America’s athletes, and is responsible for fielding U.S. teams for the Olympic, Paralympic, Youth Olympic, Pan American and Parapan American Games, and serving as the steward of the Olympic and Paralympic movements in the U.S. For more information, visit TeamUSA.org.
Connect with us