October 17, 2019 -- Global icon Barbie has become an Airbnb host and will list her Malibu Dreamhouse later this month, adding to her extensive list of firsts. Located in the heart of Malibu, the fabulous life-size Dreamhouse will be available for booking for four guests for a one-time, two-night stay on October 23, 2019 at 11 a.m. PDT, for only $60 a night, plus taxes and fees, to commemorate Barbie brand’s 60th anniversary. The house will offer enthusiasts the chance to experience her signature brand of hospitality, empowerment and inclusivity.
Before women were allowed to open their own bank accounts, Barbie bought her first Dreamhouse. As a modern homeowner and entrepreneur, Barbie is very excited to open her home by listing it on Airbnb to share her story and to continue to inspire fans around the world. The quintessential Dreamhouse will bring to life what drives Barbie, from spotlighting powerful and diverse role models to showcasing underrepresented career paths and giving all girls a voice.
The Barbie Dreamhouse Airbnb experience would not be complete without:
- A meet-and-greet with hairstylist and girl boss, Jen Atkin, along with hair makeovers from hairstylists from Mane Addicts Creator Collective.
- A one-on-one fencing lesson with inspirational role model and fencing medalist Ibtihaj Muhammad.
- An interactive, globally-inspired cooking lesson with one of Malibu’s favorite female business owners, Gina Clarke-Helm of Malibu Seaside Chef.
- A behind-the-scenes tour of Columbia Memorial Space Center with pilot and aerospace engineer Jill Meyers.
- A gallery wall and mementos that celebrate her notable accomplishments from her medical degree to her pilot’s license and her many other honors and distinctions.
The ocean-front, contemporary home has Barbie touches throughout, complemented by a mixture of new and vintage mid-century modern pieces. As part of their stay, Barbie is encouraging guests to explore her walk-in closet and journey through 60 years of incredible fashion that reflects her many successful careers, and just as Airbnb encourages guests to respect house rules, neighbors and personal items of hosts, so too will guests of Barbie. Additional Dreamhouse design features include:
- an infinity pool with views of the California coast
- a waterslide (although Barbie always travels with her slide, so it won’t be on site for guests!)
- a personal cinema
- a hobby studio
- a sport court
- a meditation space
- an outdoor dining patio
- a fully stocked kitchen
To stay in Barbie’s Dreamhouse, visit the listing on Airbnb at airbnb.com/barbie starting today and be the first to reserve the stay when booking opens on October 23rd at 11 a.m. PDT, the day Barbie leaves for a trip to Austin, Texas. The house sleeps four, with two bedrooms and two baths. To celebrate this unique offering, Airbnb will make a donation to the Barbie Dream Gap Project GoFundMe initiative. The one-time reservation will take place over two nights, with guests checking in from Sunday, October 27 to Tuesday, October 29.
*The one-time, two-night stay at the Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse is not a contest.
# # #
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org