- Hot Wheels id integrates #1 selling toy in the world* into digital racing with new Mixed Play experience, a unique experience that keeps the physical toy at the core of gameplay and adds digital enhancement
- Hot Wheels™ id Vehicle Assortment, Race Portal, Smart Track® Kit and companion app available now
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., June 14, 2019 – Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT) today announced the launch of Hot Wheels id, the evolution of the beloved brand that generations of kids have played with to ignite their challenger spirit. Through innovative vehicle play, Hot Wheels idbrings together physical and digital in a Mixed Play experience with uniquely identifiable vehicles, a smart Race Portal, Smart Track, and digital hub, so you can build your personalized fleet, measure your performance, and compete like never before. Hot Wheels id is available starting June 14th exclusively at Apple.com, select Apple stores and on the App Store.
For the first time in history, kids can scan their Hot Wheels idcars digitally, challenging them to break records in both the real and virtual worlds. With the added ability to measure and clock speed, count laps and measure distance traveled on specially-designed tracks and playsets, Hot Wheels id amplifies the physical experiences kids have known for generations through digital play.
Hot Wheels id extends the #1 selling toy in the world and takes vehicle play to the next level. The line includes:
- Hot Wheels™ id premium die-cast vehicles are equipped with wireless technology that stores each vehicle’s performance data and makes them uniquely identifiable.
- Hot Wheels Race Portal™ scans your Hot Wheels id vehicles into the app, tracks speed and counts laps via infrared sensors, and easily connects with your classic Hot Wheels track. The Race Portal includes two exclusive Hot Wheels id vehicles.
- Hot Wheels™ id Smart Track®Kit features an all-new Hot Wheels track design to boost speed and enhance racing, jumping and crashing, while also adding total distance traveled to your vehicle stats. The Smart Track includes the fastest, most powerful booster Hot Wheels has ever made as well as two exclusive Hot Wheels id vehicles and the Hot Wheels Race Portal.
- Hot Wheels™ id App hosts your virtual garage of Hot Wheels id vehicles to collect, race, jump, crash, level up and compete, as well as hundreds of challenges and digital races to keep the fun going.
“Hot Wheels began innovating vehicle play over 50 years ago and now, we are doing it again with Hot Wheels id,” said Chris Down, Chief Design Officer at Mattel. “While the brand is no stranger to digital play, this is the first time our fans will be able to keep track of top-speeds, races-won, and challenges-completed with Hot Wheels id die-cast in the physical world. Then, they can collect, manage and race the same cars in the digital world. This revolutionary Mixed Play experience enables kids of all ages to take on challenges like never before.”
Pricing for a single Hot Wheels id vehicle is $6.99, Hot Wheels id Race Portal is $39.99 and Hot Wheels id Smart Track Kit is $179.99. The free-to-play Hot Wheels id App is available to download HERE.
Mattel’s commitment to safety and security is of the utmost importance and as such, Hot Wheels idwas created with rigorous standards that ensure Privacy, Security and Online Safety by Design. For more information, visit HotWheels.com/id.
Mattel is a leading global children’s entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential. Visit us online at www.mattel.com.
*Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service/G12/Jan-Dec 2018/Total Toys/Units
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hot Wheels™ id Mixed Play
Hot Wheels id integrates #1 selling toy in the world into digital racing with new Mixed Play experience, a unique experience that keeps the physical toy at the core of gameplay and adds digital enhancement.
Hot Wheels™ id Key Art 4
Hot Wheels Race Portal™ scans your Hot Wheels id vehicles into the app, tracks speed and counts laps via infrared sensors, and easily connects with your classic Hot Wheels track.
Hot Wheels™ id Vehicles FXB02 5
Hot Wheels™ id premium die-cast vehicles are equipped with wireless technology that stores each vehicle’s performance data and makes them uniquely identifiable.
Hot Wheels™ id Smart Track Kit GFP20 3
Hot Wheels™ id Smart Track® Kit features an all-new Hot Wheels track design to boost speed and enhance racing, jumping and crashing, while also adding total distance traveled to your vehicle stats.
Hot Wheels™ id logo